The Luger P08 design was first patented by Georg Luger. It was supposed to be an improvement of the Borchardt C-93 pistol and was originally produced by the German arms manufacturer Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken (DWM) as the Parabellum Automatic Pistol, Borchardt-Luger System. The first production model was known as the Modell 1900 Parabellum. The Luger P08 airsoft was followed by “Marinepistole 1904” for the Imperial German Navy. The main weapon of the German military forces during the First and Second World Wars, the Luger P08 is a powerful, articulated-lock, recoilless, semi-automatic pistol. KWC’s airsoft pistol version of this iconic firearm looks and functions a lot like the Luger, modeled on it with realistic toggle-lock recoil action and full metal construction. The handle has an anti-slip grip texture and the magazine release is clickable to release the full-size metal mag that houses the CO2 and BBs.
The Luger pistol was adopted by the Imperial German Navy in 1904 as the Pistol 04 (P04) in a 9mm Parabellum. The Navy version had a 150 mm (5.9 inches) barrel and a two-position – 100-meter or 200-meter rear sight. This version was also referred to as the “Marine Modell 1904” or more commonly the “Navy Luger” in the US. As the Luger continued to refine and refine its design, the Airbrush 04 was later updated to the Model 1906 with a coil spring. Georg Luger introduced a new version of the Parabellum pistol in 1906 that would become known as the Model 1906 or New Model (Neues Modell). This version of the Parabellum replaced the old flat laminated mainspring with a more reliable coil design.
Since all Luger models produced after 1906 have a coil spring, they are known as New Models. Older Parabellum pistols in German service were often upgraded to the New Model specification. However, by this time, enough LP 08 barrels had been produced and stocked to meet LP 08 export orders by the 1930s. Carbine versions of the LP 08 were also produced commercially with longer barrels. Armeria Belga firm in Santiago (Chile) also produced a detachable stock, which is Benke Thiemann stock that can protrude from the clutch section.
Carbine production resumed in the early 1920s. Under a small contract, LP 08s, or Artillery P08s, were assembled in the 1930s to carry out an order for the Shah of Iran’s artillery, and some of these guns ended up in Thai police forces. Existing LP 08 pistols remaining in storage, the 2nd M1906 was an attempt to make a full-powered semi-automatic rifle using the same articulated bolt action of the pistol. A single rifle with serial number 4 was found and put up for auction and said to have been made by Georg Luger. The description referred to a 1906 German patent number 4126, the patent specifically applying to serial number 4. The rifle was chambered in the 7.92x57mm Mauser and the stock was similar to the later K98k style.